i cant get wildcard iggy to work

information about yazak

Moderators: yazak, carol

kingsley_wright

i cant get wildcard iggy to work

Post by kingsley_wright » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:57 am

yazak wild card iggy refuses to alow me to input anything.
The only succes i have had had is to REMOVE THE WILD CARDS THAT CAME WITH THE INSTALL.
I can not use it to ignore flooding bots or any ather thing why does this not work????????????????

carol
Site Admin

Re: i cant get wildcard iggy to work

Post by carol » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:49 pm

kingsley_wright wrote:yazak wild card iggy refuses to alow me to input anything.
The only succes i have had had is to REMOVE THE WILD CARDS THAT CAME WITH THE INSTALL.
I can not use it to ignore flooding bots or any ather thing why does this not work????????????????
open wild card ignore by right clicking on filter
what i do is select a non common part of the id something like this
magic_boot_1234 << this bot had many id's in the room magic_boot_1235 and so on so i typed into the filter magic_boot_ and then i put this * behind the id so now it says magic_boot_* and i hit enter then apply this takes out all these bots in one sweep
you would put the bot id in the area at the bottom then hit enter with your key board when done
* << this symbow is used to postion the ignore
excample *right or left* or *all*
such as if u put
the bot id like this
*magic_boot_1234 it will ignore all to the right of the *
if u put it like this
magic_boot_1234* it will take all to the left
if u put it like this
*magic_boot_1234 * it will read all
this is really hard for me to explain lol
i use it to the left
magic_boot_* so it reads all before and all ids that start like that will be taken out
Note: you can only use * characters at start or end or both

more about this here http://www.carolisayazakuser.com/helppa ... ignore.htm
good luck let me know if u figure it out
it took me a bit to learn how to use it too :|
Carol @ www.carolisayazakuser.com
Need extra cash visit my survey forum @
http://carolisayazakuser.com/surveyforum

kingsley_wright

Post by kingsley_wright » Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:03 am

:oops: i am an idiot thanks for your help the mistake i was making was i was clicking on aplly like you CAN do when using filter words i later worked out to press enter i also am blocking the multiple nics by using ?for example *the_ausybomber?* and yea hes a real pain with many bot nics :D

carol
Site Admin

Post by carol » Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:26 am

kingsley_wright wrote::oops: i am an idiot thanks for your help the mistake i was making was i was clicking on aplly like you CAN do when using filter words i later worked out to press enter i also am blocking the multiple nics by using ?for example *the_ausybomber?* and yea hes a real pain with many bot nics :D
many pains in this world lol thank You Yazak for wildcard ignore, filters, and iggy bins :D
glad u worked it out i made bunches of mistakes while learning these things but thanks to Yazak showing me how to use them i finally got it lol
wildcard ignore is a bit hard for me to put into words :oops: but a great feature to use
have a good one :D
Carol @ www.carolisayazakuser.com
Need extra cash visit my survey forum @
http://carolisayazakuser.com/surveyforum