Can you block people from adding you

information about yazak

Moderators: yazak, carol

purplesunflower

Can you block people from adding you

Post by purplesunflower » Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:30 pm

I notice there is a screen that pops up when someone adds you that says this user has added you. How do you prevent them from doing that? I know you can delete yourself from their list, but does that really work? Recently I had someone who is taking names and changing them by one letter or number and getting people to add them and be added. Then in turn they steal your name. I removed myself from their list after I ok'd it I just don't know what is going to happen now.
Can you help??? :!:
It's not having what you want. It's wanting what you've got.

carol
Site Admin

Re: Can you block people from adding you

Post by carol » Sun Jun 12, 2005 6:27 pm

purplesunflower wrote:I notice there is a screen that pops up when someone adds you that says this user has added you. How do you prevent them from doing that? I know you can delete yourself from their list, but does that really work? Recently I had someone who is taking names and changing them by one letter or number and getting people to add them and be added. Then in turn they steal your name. I removed myself from their list after I ok'd it I just don't know what is going to happen now.
Can you help??? :!:
no you cant actually block them but you can do this set your pms to friends only to do this go to pm preferences and put a check in top 2 boxes then what i do is I use the magic word so put a check in this box as well if you deside to use it change the default word magic to a word of your choice now only people you give this word to can open a pm to you even if there on your friends list they must type the magic word into pm to open a pm to you only give this magic word out to people you know well ok and they down at bottom of pm preferences it says log rejected pms put a check there now when some one pms you it will go to the log this will include friends on your list unless they use the magic word
now if some one goes to the log just open pm preferences and click on show log and if you want to pm some one back just left click on there name on the log and select pm ok
also if some one is annoying you put them in the ignore bin then they wont be able to add you any longer
I use the magic word because i have lots of people on my friends list but i dont know all of them really well i only give my magic word out to people i have know a long while and feel i can trust ok
even though i do pm a lot of people back i dont want everyone to be able to just open my pm box ok
hope this helps and have a nice day
Carol @ www.carolisayazakuser.com
Need extra cash visit my survey forum @
http://carolisayazakuser.com/surveyforum

purplesunflower

Post by purplesunflower » Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:30 pm

Thank you for your help. I do have my pm's set up that way, however, I still get the adding requests. I just don't want the wrong person being allowed. Guess this is something that will come in the future with Yazak. Overall, I really love it, and recommend it to all my friends who are having booting problems. It has never let me down!!
Thanks again for your help!
It's not having what you want. It's wanting what you've got.

carol
Site Admin

Post by carol » Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:02 pm

purplesunflower wrote:Thank you for your help. I do have my pm's set up that way, however, I still get the adding requests. I just don't want the wrong person being allowed. Guess this is something that will come in the future with Yazak. Overall, I really love it, and recommend it to all my friends who are having booting problems. It has never let me down!!
Thanks again for your help!
I understand I really dont like it when people add me either I always remove anyone who do not ask me if they can add me
I am glad you like the program I think its great also
and thanks a bunch for recommending yazak to others
If its not Yazak its not chat....
have a great day :!:
Carol @ www.carolisayazakuser.com
Need extra cash visit my survey forum @
http://carolisayazakuser.com/surveyforum